Marriage Care is a national charity founded in 1946. The aims of Marriage Care are:
• To support couples within marriage and other relationships;
• To prepare those wishing to make that commitment in the future,
• To support family life in general.
Marriage Care has over 50 centres in England and Wales providing Marriage Preparation courses and Relationship Counselling. More information can be found on the website: http://www.marriagecare.org.uk
Marriage Care Eastbourne
Our local centre has fully trained volunteers both for Marriage Preparation and Relationship Counselling.
Marriage Preparation courses usually take place 3 times a year at Christ the King, in February, June and October. Courses will be held on the following dates in 2018: 3rd March, 23rd June and 20th October.
- The suggested fee for the course is £100 per couple. A reduced fee can be considered, depending on financial circumstances.
- All the materials needed for the course are provided plus a hot lunch and refreshments during the day.
- Please note that there are no facilities for children on the day of the course.
Though the vast majority of couples will benefit from attending a group course there may be occasions when the dates are unsuitable for a variety of reasons. In these cases the centre can offer an online FOCCUS course (Facilitating Open Couple Communication, Understanding and Study) followed by personal interviews with a trained facilitator.
Bookings for Marriage Preparation courses and Relationship Counselling can be made via the Appointments Service: 0800 389 3801 or 01159 934 255. The phone lines are open Monday to Thursday 9am-6pm, Friday 9am-5pm. (Closed Wednesdays 12-2pm for staff training.)
For further information please contact John and Christine Mowbray on 01323 487883, or by e-mail: