Marriage Care is a national charity founded in 1946. The aims of Marriage Care are:
• To support couples within marriage and other relationships;
• To prepare those wishing to make that commitment in the future,
• To support family life in general.
Marriage Care has over 50 centres in England and Wales providing Marriage Preparation courses and Relationship Counselling. More information can be found on the website: https://www.marriagecare.org.uk
Marriage Care Eastbourne
Our local centre has fully trained volunteers both for Marriage Preparation and Relationship Counselling.
Marriage Preparation courses take place three times a year at Christ the King. Courses will be held on the following dates in 2019:
2nd March, 22nd June, 26th October.
- The suggested fee for the course is £100 per couple. A reduced fee can be considered, depending on financial circumstances.
- All the materials needed for the course are provided plus a hot lunch and refreshments during the day.
- Please note that there are no facilities for children on the day of the course.
Though the vast majority of couples will benefit from attending a group course there may be occasions when the dates are unsuitable for a variety of reasons. In these cases the centre can offer an online FOCCUS course (Facilitating Open Couple Communication, Understanding and Study) followed by personal interviews with a trained facilitator.
Bookings for Marriage Preparation courses and Relationship Counselling can be made
For any other enquiries please phone the Appointments Service on 0800 389 3801 or 01159 934 255 (Mon-Thurs 9am-6pm, Fri 9am-5pm. Closed Wednesdays 12-2pm for staff training.
For further information locally contact John and Christine Mowbray on 07896312391,
or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org